The SG Clinic by Dr. Serbülent Güzey
Patient Information Brochure at Covid 19 Pandemic Period
As you all know, we had to stop all surgical operations for a while due to the pandemic and postponed the surgery appointments during the pandemic period.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have always tried to convey current information to you by closely following the announcements of the Ministry of Health and the Scientific findings.
If there is no difference in the decisions taken by the state, our acceptance of patients will start on the 22th of June.
To keep you, dear patient in save, as well as all our employees, we have established the strongest comprehensive protocol of screening, patient management with social distancing, and sanitizing.
Important Patient Guidelines
Please follow the guidelines listed to ensure compliance.
- We strongly recommend all patients to undergo a COVID-19 PCR (swab) testwithin the last 7 days before the planned surgery and stay home as much as possible during this week.
- If you have had a fever, cough, positive COVID-19 test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19, or have been on a cruise or have had foreign travel within the past 14 days please let us know.
- For the last 7 days we recommend not to go outside as much as possible. If you have to go use masks and take care of social distancing.
- During the flight never take out your masks. If you have an option to use N95 type mask it will be the best choice. Use antiseptics for the hands.
Our patients will be taken from the airport directly to the hospital to perform the following tests:
- PCR test; All patients will have an extra PCR swab test when they arrive.
- Thorax tomography;As an extra evaluation all patients respiratory system will be checked with Low dosage Computerized Tomography.
- Blood tests; All patients will be evaluated with CRP and Hemogram and routine blood tests before surgery.
For PCR, if the tests are taken before 13:00 on the day of arrival, we receive the result on the same day. This allows us to perform the surgery the next morning on the next day/ day of scheduled surgery (if the results are negative).
If the tests are taken after 13:00 on the day of arrival, we receive the result in the evening of the next day. This allows us to perform the surgery after 18:00 on the next day/ day of scheduled surgery (if the results are negative).
All tests here will be paid by us.
If the test is positive, the surgery will be canceled, and the patient has to undergo a treatment (in a government or private hospital).In this case, all costs are borne by the patient.Because of this if you have an option to have an PCR test at your country it will be helpful for you.
- In addition to standard forms, all patients must fill out our “COVID-19 Evaluation Form”.
- All patients are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entry and during the appointment as appropriate.
The measures we have taken in line with the guidelines recommended by the World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health are as follows:
- Our staff will be wearing masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the situation.
- All patients and staff’s fever are measured while entering to the hospital.
- All our patients are questioned about the history of the disease (fever, cough, respiratory distress, etc., see “COVID-19 Evaluation Form”).
- Our employees apply 1.5 meters ‘protection distance’ in social communication with our patients.
- In our hospitals, within the scope of infection measures and hygiene practices; Disinfection of areas such as common areas, waiting areas, corridors, elevators, toilets with water and detergent is provided regularly.
- There are enough hand and surface disinfectants in all areas.
- In all areas, cleaning and hygiene studies are carried out with strong disinfectants against COVID-19 approved by the Ministry of Health at maximum and frequent intervals.
- Patient controls and change of dressings are carried out, whenever possible, in the hotel room of the patient (accompanied by a doctor of the Team of Dr. Serbülent Güzey).
The realization of flights between countries depend on the decision of the countries. In this regard, we continue to closely follow the decisions of the airline companies and countries.
Dr. Serbülent Güzey & Team
COVID-19 Evaluation Form
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic is still going on in a lot of countries, in Turkey as well. For this reason, we ask you to truthfully answer the following questions: